Amidst the ongoing battles between Russian and Ukraine forces in multiple Ukrainian cities, calls between Russian soldiers have been accessed by Ukrainian authorities. Both sides are putting forth intelligence-gathering efforts to learn more about one another.
According to Kyiv Post, these calls were recently intercepted by Ukrainian authorities, and what they discovered revealed some unexpected information.
“There are rumors“
During a conversation that was intercepted, a Russian soldier talked to a friend about the difficulties they were facing in the war and mentioned that the war might end sooner than expected.
“There are rumors that everything will last until February 24 and then we might be heading home earlier,” he said.
Two years ago
The date of Russia’s massive invasion of Ukraine was Feb 24, two years ago.
The soldier also brought up the dire circumstances at the front when talking about the possibility of an early end to the war.
They’ve been in that position for more than a month. He referred to the lifeless Russian corpses on the battlefield when he said, “The foxes gnaw and eat up the boys.”
Twelve journalists were detained in Moscow while covering demonstrations called by the spouses of Russian men who had gone into mobilization. The demonstrations are part of a larger Russian women’s movement expressing dissatisfaction and calling for the return of their husbands and sons from the conflict.
In the meantime, eastern and southern remain the scene of intense fighting.
The much-awaited news for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is that the EU has decided to provide a new support package for Ukraine valued at around 50 billion euros.
“We’ve made a deal. Within the EU budget, all leaders decided to provide an extra 50 billion euros in support as EU leader Charles Michel noted via X.
This development coincides with growing international support for Ukraine and unexpected revelations from Russian soldiers’ conversations that point to a potential end to the conflict—specifically, the date of February 24.
- Ukrainian authorities intercepted calls between Russian soldiers, revealing unexpected information about the ongoing conflict.
- A Russian soldier mentioned rumors about the war’s potential end earlier than expected, suggesting it might last until February 24.
- The date of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was February 24, two years ago.
- The soldier referred to the dire battlefield conditions and the lifeless Russian corpses.
- Twelve journalists were detained in Moscow while covering demonstrations by Russian men’s spouses.
- The EU has agreed to provide a new support package for Ukraine, valued at around 50 billion euros.
- This development coincides with growing international support for Ukraine and unexpected revelations from Russian soldiers’ conversations.