The equipment of DTEK Energy was damaged on Wednesday, January 17, when Russian occupiers opened fire on one of the company’s thermal power plants in the front-line area.
The company’s message makes mention of this, according to Ukrainian News Agency.
Today, January 17, the shelling caused damage to DTEK Energy’s front-line thermal power plant, which had previously been subjected to numerous attacks. Preliminary reports indicate that no one was injured. The attack caused damage to the company’s equipment. The energy company started mitigating the attack’s effects once the shelling stopped, according to the statement.
The front-line thermal power plant of the company has been under enemy attack virtually nonstop lately, according to the report.
Thus, it was the target of nearly thirty attacks in the first half of this heating season.
Its Energy increased the amount of contracted thermal coal from Poland by 80,000 tons to 357,000 tons, as the Ukrainian News Agency had previously reported.
A division of the DTEK holding, the Energy company integrates mining engineering, coal business, and electricity generation.
System Capital Management’s energy assets are overseen by DTEK.
SCM’s entire shareholding is owned by businessman Rinat Akhmetov.
About Rinat Akhmetov:
Born on September 21, 1966, Rinat Leonidovych Akhmetov is a businessman and billionaire from Ukraine. He is the richest man in Ukraine and the founder and president of System Capital Management (SCM). With an estimated net worth of US$5.7 billion, he was ranked as the 460th richest person in the world as of April 2023.
The owner and president of Shakhtar Donetsk, a football team in Ukraine, is Akhmetov. Akhmetov represented the Party of Regions in the Ukrainian Verkhovna Rada (parliament) from 2006 to 2007 and from 2007 to 2012.
- DTEK Energy’s thermal power plant was damaged by Russian occupiers on January 17.
- The company’s equipment was damaged, but no one was injured.
- The plant has been under continuous enemy attacks, with nearly thirty attacks in the first half of the heating season.
- DTEK Energy increased contracted thermal coal from Poland by 80,000 tons to 357,000 tons.
- The company integrates mining engineering, coal business, and electricity generation.
- DTEK oversees System Capital Management’s energy assets, owned by businessman Rinat Akhmetov.