- Yerkin Tatishev, born January 1, 1976, in Kentau, South Kazakhstan, comes from a large family with a doctor and teacher as parents.
- Brother Yerzhan Tatishev, a Kazakhstani banker, was the chairman and CEO of TuranAlem Bank, later BTA Bank JSC, until his tragic murder in 2004 at age 37.
- Yerkin holds degrees in finance and credit from the Moscow State University of Economics and law from M. Narikbayev Kazguu University.
- In 2002, he founded Kusto Group, an industrial and investment holding, after chairing Kostanay Minerals JSC and Orenburg Minerals JSC from 1998 to 2004.
- Yerkin held executive roles in the Kazakhstani and Turkish banking sectors (Bank TuranAlem and Sekerbank T.A.S.) from 2004 to 2009.
- Established the High Tech Academy in 2017, the first innovative school in Kazakhstan. She currently heads the Board of Trustees of AlmaU University.
- The portfolio of Yerkin Tatishev Assets is worth $335 million
- Actively involved in philanthropy, leading the Yerzhan Tatis Foundation and supporting causes like the “Miloserdie” Foundation and the “Kantar” Legal Support Center. Contributed 1 billion tenge during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recognized internationally, Yerkin Tatishev won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2021 competition in 2021.
- Co-founder and head of the public association “Kazakhstan Federation of Kendo and Iaido,” holding the rank of 5th Dan in Kendo.
- Married and father of five children.
Diverse Portfolio of Yerkin Tatishev Assets
Yerkin Tatishev, the founder and chairman of Kusto Group, boasts a diversified asset portfolio across multiple industries. Key components of this portfolio include:
- Kusto Group:
- A multinational investment company operating on three continents
- Engaged in diverse sectors, including agriculture, construction, materials, real estate, oil, and gas.
- Mining Companies:
- Tatishev serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors for Kostanay Minerals and Orenburg Minerals JSC, prominent mining companies in Kazakhstan.
- Banking Leadership:
- Tatishev held leadership positions in banking during the early 2000s.
- Notably, he contributed to the growth of Bank TuranAlem in Kazakhstan and Sekerbank T.A.S. in Turkey.
- Kusto Group’s acquisition of Tambour in 2014 expanded its portfolio to include an Israeli paint and construction materials company.
- Real Estate Ventures:
- Developments like Koktobe City in Almaty, Kazakhstan, serve as examples of how Tatishev has been instrumental in numerous real estate projects.
- The Diamond Island Project in Vietnam stands out as another successful venture in the real estate domain.
- Educational Involvement:
- Tatishev is a member of the Board of Trustees at Almaty Management University.
- His engagement extends to the development of educational projects, showcasing a commitment to fostering learning initiatives.
Kusto Group Overview
Kusto Group’s five main business areas are agriculture, Construction and materials, Real Estate and Retail, Oil and gas, and separate activities in VietnaYe
Yerkin Tatishev founded Kusto Group, a powerful global investment organization with a commitment to fostering long-term value in thriving markets. The company operates across five key business sectors:
1. Agriculture: Kusto Group is actively engaged in the agricultural sector, employing cutting-edge precision farming and innovative solutions to enhance productivity and sustainability.
2. Construction & Materials: Within the construction materials industry, the company delivers advanced technologies and materials for diverse construction projects.
3. Real Estate & Retail: With a robust presence in real estate and retail, Kusto Group spearheads luxury residential developments like the acclaimed Diamond Island Project in Vietnam. Additionally, the company invests strategically in commercial properties.
4. Oil & Gas: In the realm of oil and gas, Kusto Group explores and develops new resources while augmenting existing production capabilities.
5. Separate Activities in Vietnam: Kusto Group significantly contributes to Vietnam’s economic landscape, investing across various sectors, including real estate, construction, and materials. The company’s success is evident in its investment portfolio, which comprises over ten companies, each experiencing an impressive average annual revenue growth of 30%, thus transforming them into national champions.
Notable partnerships and collaborations, such as the one with Valmont Industries to address the water crisis in Kazakhstan
Yerkin Tatishev, the visionary behind Kusto Group, has forged impactful partnerships with various entities, showcasing a commitment to innovation and sustainable development. Notable collaborations include:
- Valmont Industries: Teaming up with Valmont Industries, a prominent irrigation company, Kusto Group endeavors to establish sustainable agriculture in Central Asia. This venture seeks to enhance resource conservation, introduce cutting-edge farming technology to local agriculturalists, and position Kazakhstan as a key agricultural hub in the region. The partnership involves creating a network of farms to showcase advanced irrigation technologies and train local farmers in responsible water management.
- Global Beef: Kusto Group has inked an agreement with Valmont Industries and Global Beef, American firms renowned for their expertise. Together, they aim to manufacture state-of-the-art irrigation systems in Kazakhstan, leveraging advanced technologies for irrigation, water efficiency, and crop production.
- Tyson Foods: Collaborating with Tyson Foods, a global giant in the food industry, Kusto Group is actively investing in Kazakhstan’s agricultural sector. This strategic partnership aims to bolster the country’s position in the global food production landscape.
- AlmaU University: Yerkin Tatishev assumes the role of Chairman of the Board of Trustees at AlmaU University. This educational institution is dedicated to providing quality education and fostering academic excellence in Kazakhstan, underscoring Tatishev’s commitment to shaping the nation’s intellectual landscape.
- Yerzhan Tatishev Foundation: Serving as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the Yerzhan Tatishev Foundation, Yerkin Tatishev has been instrumental in providing educational grants and scholarships since 2007. This foundation plays a pivotal role in supporting educational initiatives for the betterment of the community.
- “Kantar” Legal Support Center: A brainchild of Tatishev, the “Kantar” Legal Support Center aims to offer legal assistance and protection to individuals and businesses in Kazakhstan. This initiative underscores Tatishev’s dedication to fostering a legal environment that supports and safeguards the interests of the community.
Real Estate Ventures
Kusto Home, a real estate development firm affiliated with Yerkin Tatishev’s Kusto Group, is dedicated to delivering top-tier residential projects in the Vietnamese real estate market. The company places a strong emphasis on respecting and embracing local culture and traditions.
Recognized for its excellence, Kusto Home has garnered prestigious accolades, including the esteemed Best Luxury Condo Development in Hanoi and the Best Luxury Condo Architectural Design at the 9th annual PropertyGuru Vietnam Property Awards in 2023.
The Reflection West Lake
A standout among Kusto Home’s projects is The Reflection West Lake in Hanoi, Vietnam, which earned dual honors at the 2023 PropertyGuru Vietnam Property Awards. This luxury residential complex offers a distinctive living experience, providing residents with panoramic views of the West Lake.
The Reflection West Lake exemplifies Kusto Home’s unwavering commitment to delivering superior living spaces that seamlessly integrate residential, commercial, and educational facilities.
Additionally, Kusto Home has successfully executed other notable projects, such as the Urban Green Residential Complex and the Diamond Island Project, both of which have been recipients of prestigious awards. These ventures underscore Kusto Home’s dedication to innovation, sustainability, and fostering community development within the real estate sector.
Koktobe City in Almat
Koktobe City, a significant venture by Yerkin Tatishev’s Kusto Group in Almaty, Kazakhstan, stands out as a European-style housing complex. This development provides a complete living experience, incorporating various amenities within the vicinity. Residents can enjoy apartments, supermarkets, restaurants, leisure activities, a gym, and a school, all meticulously designed to elevate their quality of life.
The housing complex is meticulously crafted to offer a comfortable and contemporary living environment, prioritizing community and convenience. The inclusion of a school that adheres to Finnish educational principles, designed by Finnish architect Jani Ristimäki, is noteworthy. This underscores the commitment to delivering top-tier education in a residential setting.
Koktobe City aspires to deliver a well-rounded living experience by seamlessly integrating residential, commercial, and educational facilities within a cohesive community. The project mirrors Kusto Group’s unwavering dedication to crafting contemporary and sustainable living spaces that cater to the diverse needs of its residents.
The creation of Koktobe City aligns seamlessly with the Kusto Group’s vision of enriching urban living and cultivating a strong sense of community through considerate and inventive real estate initiatives.
Key Features of Koktobe City
Location: Conveniently situated along the Almaty Eastern bypass road, Koktobe City offers easy access to various city amenities and attractions.
Architecture: Boasting modern German design, Koktobe City showcases comfortable low-rise buildings, underground parking, car-free courtyards, and quaint playgrounds.
School: Committed to education, Kusto Group has integrated a high-quality school into the complex, aligning with Finnish educational principles. Modern amenities specially suited to children’s needs and comfort are available at the school, which Finnish architect Jani Ristimäki designed.
Public Spaces: Residents enjoy access to integrated public spaces, where they can shop for groceries in a supermarket, exercise in a gym, and dine in a restaurant—all within the complex.
Construction: Ensuring safety and comfort, the apartments in Koktobe City are constructed with earthquake-resistant features. This commitment to robust construction underscores the well-being of the residents.
Diamond Island Project
Kusto Group has left its mark in Vietnam through the highly successful Diamond Island Project, a premium residential complex situated in Ho Chi Minh City. This development has not only garnered considerable attention in the market but also offers top-notch living spaces for its residents.
Key Highlights of the Diamond Island Project:
Location: Nestled on a natural island near Ho Chi Minh City, the project boasts convenient access to both the thriving new Central Business District (CBD) in Thu Duc City and the established, lively heart of Ho Chi Minh City’s old CBD.
Luxury Apartments: Comprising 1,323 luxury apartments, the complex has received an exceptional market response. Remarkably, a significant portion of these units were sold before the completion of construction, achieving an impressive “over 98% of sales.”
Amenities: Diamond Island is meticulously designed to deliver a high-quality living experience. It offers a range of amenities and facilities within the complex, including private elevators and balcony swimming pools.
Green Initiatives: Kusto Home, the real estate development arm of Kusto Group, is dedicated to creating projects that integrate expansive green spaces and amenities. This commitment aims to foster and encourage healthy, active lifestyles among the residents.
Market Demand: The flourishing luxury real estate market in Vietnam has generated heightened demand for projects like Diamond Island. High-end developments, in particular, have gained substantial traction among buyers.
The Diamond Island Project stands as a testament to the Kusto Group’s dedication to crafting top-tier living spaces that seamlessly blend residential, commercial, and educational facilities in Vietnam.